Frequently Asked Questions
1. I will arrive in Melbourne next February (or next July). Is there a deadline to apply for accommodation with Le Student 8 Melbourne to ensure that I can get a room?
February and July are always the busiest times for student accommodation suppliers, including Le Student 8. At least 2-3 months before arrival we encourage you to email your inquiry, lodge your application online or arrange a room inspection if you’re living in Australia.
To secure your place, it’s recommended to make your security deposit at least one month before you arrive. You will then receive our final confirmation letter.
2. Is there a minimum length of stay?
Le Student 8 offers you completely flexible accommodation. You can stay with us for one night at our temporary accommodation rate and you can enjoy a cheaper rate by committing to a longer period of stay.
3. Do I need to pay a security deposit?
Yes, you need to pay $550 at the time of booking.
4. What happens if I cancel my booking?
Your reservation will be made and confirmed when we receive your security deposit.
If you cancel your booking more than 30 days before your arrival, a seven day cancellation fee based on the agreed daily rate will apply.
If you cancel your booking between 7 and 30 days before you arrive, a fourteen day cancellation fee based on the agreed daily rate will apply.
If you cancel your booking within 7 days of arrival or while staying in house, a twenty eight day cancellation fee based on the agreed daily rate will apply.
5. My flight arrives in Melbourne very early in the morning. Can I check into my room when I arrive at Le Student 8?
The standard check-in time is from 2 pm onwards. To guarantee your room availability for an early arrival, simply book your room for the day prior and advise us of your arrival details.
6. When do I need to pay my rent, and where do I pay it?
We recommend that you pay your rent weekly. You can pay at the reception desk. You will need to keep your rent 2 weeks in credit at all times. To make this more simple and easy, we provide a direct debit option for rental payments.
7. What are the extra costs I may have to pay during my stay in Le Student 8?
Your consumption of foods and drinks, use of coin laundry, telephone calls and internet fees are optional extras on top of your weekly rent. We also provide two compulsory bathroom cleaning services each month at $15 per service.
8. What items do I need for checking in?
For a short-term stay (less than 4 weeks), you only need to bring a valid photo ID. You will need to make the full occupancy payment when you arrive along with a $100 security deposit. This deposit is refundable after a room inspection on departure.
If you have made a booking with Le Student 8 for more than 5 weeks, as well as your current photo ID, you will need your own linen, bed blankets, crockery and cutlery. If you need to purchase these items on arrival, there are a number of supermarkets easily accessible from Le Student 8 Melbourne. Alternatively, you can pre-arrange linen packs and crockery / cooking packs to be awaiting your arrival. When you arrive, please obtain and sign a licence to occupy agreement with our reception staff and pay the first 3 weeks rent.
9. Can a friend or family member stay with me when they come to visit?
We offer great accommodation rates for family members and friends of current guests of Le Student 8. Please ask the Student Liaison for the latest rates.
If you have booked a single studio room it only allows single occupancy, and your family and friends will need to book accommodation with us if they want to stay overnight. If you have booked a double studio room, this allows double occupancy.
10. Can I have internet access in my room? How much do I need to pay?
Yes, prices for internet access are $5 per day / $20 per week / $50 (28 days unlimited).
11. Is there any wireless internet access at Le Student 8?
Wireless internet is available in certain areas of Le Student 8.
12. If I have enquiries or complaints while I am staying at Le Student 8, who should I talk to?
During office hours our dedicated Student Liaison is available at in the reception area to assist you with familiarisation of our property and facilities. They can offer answers, advice and solutions to your queries, concerns and issues, as well as providing you any details you need about the accommodation.
Outside of office hours, our friendly reception staff are always happy to answer your queries.
13. Is smoking allowed in the rooms?
No, but there are smoking areas outside the building.
14. Do I need to move out during semester break or summer and winter holidays?
No, you can stay for as long as you want.